Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sometimes it is Just Black and White..............

I was thinking a lot about my images today.  I do that a lot.  I comb through them, play with the color or take the color out.  I like Sepia, black and white and this other scheme I ran into on my phone called "Ansel".  It's darker than traditional black and white and you can play with the intensity but I find I love it best "as is".  Not all photos look good in the scheme but the ones I've chosen below do.  I don't know what it is about them, do you?






In some bw's it lends a youthful appearance to the subject.  I find it does that in all three of the images I selected.  The general audience wouldn't know that unless they knew the subjects personally or unless I offered the color version of the selections.  I'm choosing not to offer the color versions because I want the viewer to immerse themselves in the images as I've presented them.  We'll save color for another day. 

It also adds a vintage appeal and a depth of some unnamed emotion.  I can't quite put my finger on it but I know I like it.  I also like it because of it's simplicity.  You don't really have to think it out too much.  Just look, zone out, whatever.  It's just that simple.  Color gives your mind more to think about and process. 

That's the way I see it.  See you at the show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment