Monday, August 5, 2013

Tribute This! Guns N' Roses

Hey folks!!  It has been a very long time!  This old girl has been busy finding herself, quitting her 9-5 and getting real with what's real.  I've rid myself of the demons in the corporate world who were just sucking the creativity out of my brain and I am back in the game once again.  Happy to be here so let's get this party started!

I'd heard about this show a few months back, it was a double billing with KISSTORY, an absolute ruler of the Kiss tribute band community, and Tribute This! Guns N' Roses, a Guns N' Roses tribute that I really wanted to see.  Dumb luck put this gig at the tail end of my vacation and I was pretty bummed that I'd miss it.  I knew what KISSTORY was all about-- I used to travel with them as the band photographer so I was assured a top notch performance with those guys.  I'd heard of Tribute This! Guns N' Roses and I really wanted to check them out because I'm a GNR fan and, well, Slash IS a musical genius and I was really hoping that the "tribute guy" could pull it off.  Long story short, I came home early and I was heading straight for the South Shore Music Hall!!!

I planned on getting there at 8pm when the doors opened but my GPS had other ideas.  The freaky thing had me doing donuts in an intersection a stone's throw away from the venue for at least 30 minutes.  Dizzy with it all I finally asked for directions.  I felt like a complete idiot as this total stranger pointed to a building directly behind me.  What can I say?  Par for the course.

By the time I got there Tribute This! Guns N' Roses had already taken to the stage.  I walked in on Used to Love Her and just stood there as the band came into view thru the crowd.  Wow, they really look like the real deal and they sounded as awesome as they looked! 


I worked thru the crowd and found my table of friends.  The place was already packed and it was clear that people were having a great time--even better, I was having a GREAT time!!  They played a full set of fan favorites including My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Sweet Child O' Mine.

I made it backstage after their set and met a few of the band members.  I wish I had had time for more chit chat because they really seemed like a great group of guys!!  Band members include....

Jim Cipollini as Axl Rose....




Mike DeAngelis as Slash......





Jesse A. as Duff.........





Dave Tibodeau as Gilby Clarke.....




Mike A. as Matt Sorum...........



Missing from tonite's lineup was Daryn Ostresh as Izzy Stradin......




This show was awesome but seeing them once was just not enough.  Word is that their next gig is on September 7th up in Acton, Maine at IronTails Saloon.  It's definitely worth the road trip to see these Rockstars!!!

See you at the show!!!

--Michelle

Booking information

 Tribute This! Guns N' Roses
Mike A.  978-767-0577
tributethis@verizon.net

+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+I Shoot Rockstars

3 comments:

  1. They really do rock! As close as your gunna get to the real Gun's in New England! They get the crowd going! If a club want to make great sales they should book them!

    Sincerly,
    A HUGE GnR Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a major G.N.R fan and this is as close as anyone is going to get. GREAT BAND and great shots you took.

    ReplyDelete